Talk

Advanced search

GRRRRrrrrr Bleedin' Vigin Media email has been down for hours!

(4 Posts)
treacletart Wed 30-Sep-09 22:34:29

It's really going to scupper me for work tomorrow if they don't sort it out angry

hester Wed 30-Sep-09 22:39:04

Virgin Media email is the bane of my life. What I would do to Richard Branson if I could get hold of him...

PerryPlatypus Wed 30-Sep-09 23:05:58

Mine's working but it's taking hours for e-mails to get through. There's a gap of around 3 hours between e-mails being sent to me and them actually arriving.

WebDude Thu 01-Oct-09 15:20:27

Always worth having a reserve mail service, such as Google Mail or even one that charges a fee.

I've used Runbox.com and FastMail.net for some time. The latter has a free option (just need to login monthly as they zap any mail if you don't login often enough). Runbox offers a 30 day trial.

They both offer service with an annual fee which allows more than webmail and IMAP, so for example it is possible to set up an e-mail application to use their mail servers for sending (apart from on a few UK ISPs which lock outgoing mail on port 25 into their own servers).

It's an idea to consider a different (separate) mail service (if not your own domain name) to allow for if you change ISP or find it too unreliable...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now