Talk

Advanced search

If someone already has an iPhone would they also appreciate the new iPod nano?

(14 Posts)
said Wed 30-Sep-09 13:48:55

Desperately flailing around for gift ideas. It's the iPhone pre the new one if that matters.

Thanks

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 30-Sep-09 13:50:03

I doubt it. Unless they go jogging or something and might want to use something small for music only.

MissAnneElk Wed 30-Sep-09 13:51:28

No, I don't think they would.

said Wed 30-Sep-09 13:53:56

Do they just duplicate each other too much?

bagpuss Wed 30-Sep-09 13:58:35

DH would. The new Nano has a video function which would be useful if the person you were buying for particularly wants this. Its been all I can do to stop DH buying one as he is a bit of a gadget freak at the best of times and wants to see how it works in conjunction with our iMac to make small videos of the dcs and the like.

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 30-Sep-09 13:58:47

Yes, an iPhone is an iPod as well as a phone, so they would be getting nothing new, just a dinky iPod.

iTunes vouchers?

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 30-Sep-09 14:00:59

ooh, I didn't know new nanos did video. That makes a small difference, but I would imagine the person in question would be getting new iphone when they can so probably limited benefit.

said Wed 30-Sep-09 14:02:02

Well, yes the video bit appeals as he's been saying the iPhone camera is a bit shit. Maybe I should bagsy the nano for me? It smells of an "I'm all ideaed out" gift doesn't it?

said Wed 30-Sep-09 14:03:07

No, he won't be getting new iPhone (got this one on very cheap contract through O2 contacts - taps nose)

said Wed 30-Sep-09 14:03:54

None in question is here

said Wed 30-Sep-09 14:04:31

Ha! Nano not None

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 30-Sep-09 14:05:43

If he thinks the iphone camera is a bit shit, then i really can't imaging a nano camera would be any better. I have the new iphone and would still say the camera is a bit shit.

Get him a new camera i just got one of these it's smaller than the iphone!

said Wed 30-Sep-09 14:08:02

Ah, thank you. Next question/thread would be recommend a camera for me smile. That's one is too dear but will now investigate others.

shinyshoes Wed 30-Sep-09 14:12:44

I have an iphone and I would think it odd getting a nano, seeing as the ipod holds music anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now