Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can someone tell me about iTunes?

(6 Posts)
Hulla Fri 25-Sep-09 17:19:08

I've finally got my hands on an iPhone but I am not at home at the moment. If I sync my iPhone on someone elses laptop is it going to cause me problems when I connect to my own laptop at home?

I am itchy to play with it but dh reckons this will mess up my phone.

I find iTunes all a bit confusing really...

TIA

GypsyMoth Fri 25-Sep-09 17:22:01

you can authorise up to 5 computers for ipods,go to the top and look for 'authorise computer'

policywonk Fri 25-Sep-09 17:31:04

Is your iTunes library on this other person's laptop? If not, surely you will just sync your phone with their library?

Hulla Fri 25-Sep-09 18:06:01

My itunes only has 2 audio books on it blush so I'd have to build a library. Its my brothers laptop and he doesn't have anything on it so I'd have to download iTunes just for me.

I just want to be able to use the phone and some apps not put music etc on here.

silverfrog Fri 25-Sep-09 18:14:26

if it's apps you're after, you can download straight to your phone if it is a 3GS (I believe - I only have an iPod touch, and can do this on that), which will then sync to your iTunes when you get back home and plug into your computer/iTunes

Hulla Fri 25-Sep-09 18:17:40

Thanks Silverfrog, I'll give that a try. If not, I guess I'll just have to be a bit more patient and try at home next week! smile

Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now