Talk

Advanced search

How do you stop Adobe Media Player on start up?

(4 Posts)
ibbydibby Fri 25-Sep-09 07:56:11

Hello. My PC (6 years old) is taking longer and longer to get going - is now about 10 minutes until I can really get going and use. Mentioned this in passing to BT engineer (who was installing new phone socket) and he suggested that it could be partly due to Adobe Media player opening at start up. This has happened for a while - not sure why.

So - does anyone know how I can stop this opening at start up please? I am hoping this is something trivial, that is easily fixed (though if it is I will feel very blush - am a bit of a PC dunce.)

thanks

BadgersPaws Fri 25-Sep-09 09:08:50

I'm guessing that you're running Windows XP?

The first place to look is in the Start Up folder which I believe should be somewhere in the Start menu, possibly in the "All Programs" folder.

If it's in there then remove it and try rebooting to see if the problem is fixed.

If not then have a look at this web page and do what it runs you through to find it and turn it off

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/quickly-remove-items-from-windows-xp-startup/

ibbydibby Sun 27-Sep-09 12:05:37

Many belated thanks, BadgersPaws. Your first suggestion worked. Can't believe how easy it was!

BadgersPaws Mon 28-Sep-09 10:24:18

No worries.

One of the reasons that Windows is much maligned is that it often takes so long to boot up. That often not really Window's fault and can be down to the software that's running on startup, even on new PCs the stores often preload them with rubbish you don't need.

So it can be good to periodically check what's running on startup to check what's going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now