Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! Anybody know anything about Alpha Antivirus - it won't go away!!

(5 Posts)
Niecie Thu 24-Sep-09 14:27:12

I seem to have been taken over by a piece of security software called Alpha Antivirus that won't go away, no matter what I click.

Short of paying for it, installing it properly and then uninstalling it, how do I make it go away.

I keep getting pop-ups telling me all the viruses and trojans I have been invaded by. Computer seems to be running just fine apart from the Alpha thing though.

blowbroth Thu 24-Sep-09 14:35:30

Try this and download the free version in the blue box. We had the same thing and was adviced to follow this route which has been great for free. Can really recommend.
It scans your computor for viruses and can then get rid of them. It worked for us.

MrLSG Thu 24-Sep-09 15:01:59

Alpha Antivirus is not antivirus software, but is itself a form of "malware".

A description of it, and how to remove is here.

Niecie Thu 24-Sep-09 16:40:29

Thank you to both of you. I kind of knew it wasn't real antivirus software - I presume reputable and real software would not find its way onto your computer without you installing it on purpose.

Looks like you recommended the same software via different links but it has worked!

491 damaged files.shock

It seems to have gone now. I have been going slowly mad all morning trying to get rid of it. I just wish I knew where it came from so I don't go back there again!!

Thanks again.smile

blowbroth Thu 24-Sep-09 17:33:15

Well done. I often run the Malware programme through just to check we're all clear. Glad to be of assistance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now