Advanced search

Speaking very slowly to me, can you tell me how to go about getting some kind of parental control on my computer?

(7 Posts)
PeachesMcLean Wed 23-Sep-09 17:32:40

DS mostly sticks with ClubPenguin, Friv, and Cartoon network sites, but he's recently taken to watching Gummy Bear on YouTube.

How do I stop him watching stuff I wouldn't want him to on YouTube? Can I just control what he sees on that site?

Or do I have do something else?

PeachesMcLean Wed 23-Sep-09 21:12:33

Oh gwaaaan.

Someone can explain to me surely?

BadgersPaws Wed 23-Sep-09 21:21:07

What Operating System are you on? Windows XP?

PeachesMcLean Wed 23-Sep-09 21:31:57

Erm, yes.

And we're on Virgin Broadband for internet.

DottyDot Wed 23-Sep-09 21:34:06

Hi there - I'm the least techy person ever but someone on Mumsnet recommended K9.

You just download it and it's done - no problem. It blocks everything you want and if it blocks something you want access to you can unblock it for 15 min/30min/permanently.

Oh and it's free! grin Here's the link

BadgersPaws Wed 23-Sep-09 21:37:41

Try this for a start:

However I don't actually think that you can control what someone can see within a site. So if you think that some YouTube content blocked I think you have to go the whole way and lock the whole site out.

PestoLovelyMonster Wed 23-Sep-09 21:39:22

We use Net Nanny

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: