Talk

Advanced search

Er, can't get into my e-mails on laptop

(5 Posts)
costagirl Wed 09-Sep-09 14:46:25

My e-mail provider is talktalk.net which is all set up on my pc, I just click on Outlook Express & up it comes. But I can't seem to get into them from my laptop - tried www.talktalk.net but this just gives me talktalk main site, no apparent way to get e-mails. Have tried www.outlookexpress but no joy. The laptop has an email icon which I've tried clicking on - this directs me to talktalk but my username & password aren't accepted. I'm being dim I know, but any ideas how to access email from the laptop?

AvadaKedavra Wed 09-Sep-09 14:48:53

go to the talktalk home page again, hover over account and then email - click that

WebDude Wed 09-Sep-09 14:54:11

On your laptop, you may need to set up MS Outlook Express with the mail server and login details (which are already in your main PC).

I know some services let you download a configuration file (which is perhaps what AK is pointing to) that puts the essentials into Outlook Express - eg the POP mail server name and SMTP mail server name - you'd see these if you go rooting around on the PC in Outlook Express (perhaps under Tools menu, Accounts - sorry am a bit rusty as years since I've used OE regularly, get my mail sent to web-based services).

costagirl Wed 09-Sep-09 20:55:18

Thanks for the replies, I went on Talktalk home page, hovered over account & e-mail, put in my password....and just got a page displaying our phone bill. Hmm.

WebDude Wed 09-Sep-09 23:04:53

Is there no help / support section about how to set up your e-mail software ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now