Talk

Advanced search

So DS would like a DSi and pokemon game for his birthday next week - help me figure out what else and where to buy it

(6 Posts)
itsnotatoy Tue 08-Sep-09 14:53:44

I've never bought anything like this before so I'm a bit lost and would really appreciate any help.

The DSi is a lot more expensive than a DS - is it worth it? (He's a bright nearly 9 year old so I THINK he'll enjoy the extras - but do they really get used?)

Do I need to buy a case too? And what about earphones?

This looks like a good deal but has anyone bought from game.co.uk?

Ta

Loqueris Tue 08-Sep-09 14:57:39

Thats a very reliable website.

Yes get a case - game do them for about a fiver

If the sound of the game being played will annoy you, get headphones. If it won't bother you (or he'll be in another room) don't bother

Have a google for "VEry" and "Additions direct" discount vouchers for first customers, I got a DSi wiht £25 off from Very (and free delv) due to being a new customer (I wasn't, but I ordered in DH's name lol)

Get the DSi rather than DS for 9yo, my DD is 10 and loves the camera etc

itsnotatoy Tue 08-Sep-09 22:05:22

thanks for that. Have ended up going via amazon as I had lots of other stuff for me I wanted so this was a good excuse to finally check out the basket!

Mutt Tue 08-Sep-09 22:11:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

itsnotatoy Tue 08-Sep-09 22:19:39

Mutt thanks for that tip about the mulitplayer option - I'm slowly coming up to speed! I did actually get him the platinum one so hope he likes it...

He also mentioned something called action replay but I couldn't see anything that said it would work with a DSi so I chickened out of getting one. Will anything for a DS also work with a DSi?

thanks

Mutt Tue 08-Sep-09 22:21:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now