Talk

Advanced search

Laptop's screen not working - help!

(4 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Fri 04-Sep-09 14:15:11

Was on the laptop last night and screen suddenly went blank. Rebooted as its prone to crashing (esp since the new Windows Vista has been put on - grrrrr) but same thing happened - no screen! Can hear that emails etc are being recieved by the pinging noise but can't figure out how to get the screen back! Have I just pressed a wrong button which has switched it off (cant see one for the screen!) or is there something wrong with it??? (Its a HP laptop by the way). Mobile phone not working for a week either due to be covered in orange juice so I'm not have a good time techinically speaking!!!

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 04-Sep-09 14:16:22

have you tried turning the brightness up?
its usually on one of the function buttons at the top

OllieWollieWoo Fri 04-Sep-09 14:21:57

There an f key with a sun symbol and an arrow - do i just press that on its on or do I have to press it in combination with another key to get the f key to work - sorry for being such a ditz!

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 04-Sep-09 14:33:02

try both!

theres usually a function key (or fn key) which you can hold at the same time as another key to use the second function)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now