Talk

Advanced search

Any printer recommendations?

(3 Posts)
ibbydibby Thu 03-Sep-09 13:49:43

My printer (Canon i850 - bought 5 or 6 years ago) has given up on me - I have identified that it needs a new print head and as these are in region of £70 I think it is a time for a new printer!

So, have been looking at HP 4480 scanner/copier/printer which is particularly appealing at the moment as it is on offer at £29.99 in Currys, Comet and John Lewis. Does anyone have any experience of this model? Or any suggestions for others? I use it mainly for work - I don't print out huge volumes of stuff but just 2 or 3 pages a day, on average. Print photos occasionally (but last printer did not print them very well so not too bothered about this). Thanks

Do you really need all that functionality? Black and white laser printers can be found quite cheap. They cost a lot less to run and don't have print heads to clog. If you really need colour, colour lasers cost more to buy but they are still a lot cheaper to run than an inkjet.

ibbydibby Fri 25-Sep-09 07:51:25

Belated thanks - didn't realise that lasers could be cheaper to run. Will investigate next time I need to buy a printer (which may be very soon - I bought the HP one I mentioned originally, and am struggling with it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now