Talk

Advanced search

Oh no! Changing my mobile sim, phone not playing!?!?

(8 Posts)
Wonderstuff Tue 01-Sep-09 20:24:34

Changing from thieving vodafone to virgin, got my puk code, transfer today, changed over sim cards now phone is asking me for a restriction code, where do I get that? Vodafone, or Virgin, the phone is Nokia 6300.
Any clever bods who can help?

Wonderstuff Tue 01-Sep-09 20:40:18

Someone must know? Don't make me sit on the bloody hold music for hours only to have to call the other company sad

Wonderstuff Tue 01-Sep-09 21:04:23

last ditch bump

CrapDad Mon 07-Sep-09 19:49:25

I'd imagine you'll need to ring vodafone, as I assume that's where the phone came from. Alternatively, you can take it to a vodafone store and they'll unlock it if it's a contract phone, or if you've been PAYG for 6 months or more.

mumof2222222222222222boys Mon 07-Sep-09 20:01:15

Lots of market stalls or little independent electrical shops will do this for £5 or £10. Will say, "mobiles unlocked". I used an old mobile when I wanted to buy a French Pay as you go SIM. Much easier to do that than to do it through Vodaphone which was going to take a lot longer and cost £20.

WebDude Tue 08-Sep-09 06:39:28

FWIW I've bought a few unlocked phones on Ebay so I know I can put Asda and other SIMs in without a problem (Asda seems cheaper for my needs, charging 8p/min for voice and 4p per text, and credit runs on and on, not just for 30 days like some PAYG top-ups).

NotQuiteCockney Tue 08-Sep-09 07:12:52

Yeah, market stalls, internet cafes, that sort of thing, all do unlocking.

<looks it up>

There are websites that claim to be able to unlock it, for a fee. I've never used those, but if I lived in an area without gazillions of little electronics shops, I probably would give it a go ...

CrapDad Tue 08-Sep-09 11:48:40

If it's a vodafone contract phone, or a 6 month old PAYG one, vodafone now do it for free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now