Talk

Advanced search

Should I buy an iPhone? What about a Joggler?

(20 Posts)
McDreamy Sun 23-Aug-09 22:56:29

DH and I are thinking of getting iPhones - good idea? We were also thinking of getting a Joggler but the reviews seem to be a bit naff. Anyone got either and what do you think?

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 23-Aug-09 22:57:42

I got an IPhone a few weeks ago and I LOVE it.
Best phone I ever had and I have had a fair few!

drinkmoretea Sun 23-Aug-09 23:04:31

I loooooooove my iphone...... best phone ever... we got one each a few weeks ago...

drinkmoretea Sun 23-Aug-09 23:05:04

oh, did I say it was great?!

McDreamy Sun 23-Aug-09 23:05:29

Why do you love it? Why is it better than any other phone you have?

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 23-Aug-09 23:07:47

Really easy to use
Never crashes
Very responsive, functions work very quickly
So many applications you can download for free
Internet access is fast, reliable and best of all free
Texting is very easy, took me no time at all to get the hang of it

drinkmoretea Sun 23-Aug-09 23:11:13

well said shineypinkshoes!

angrypixie Sun 23-Aug-09 23:25:36

iphone is my love.

'Nuff said???

LadyMuck Sun 23-Aug-09 23:48:50

Easy to use
Decent screen
Apps which do what you need, and a large number which do thinks you would never have thought about.
In fairness you may have to think about which apps are most useful to you. But it shouldn't take long for you to consider which notes and todo apps suit your family best. Synchronises with Outlook, Google etc very easily.

The only things that stop it from being perfect are the less than impressive camera and short battery life.

Earthymama Mon 24-Aug-09 00:22:25

Agree re battery and camera (downloadedapp thathelps ) butbut but.......all else is amazing.

I LURRVE my iphone so much!! grin

Go on get one!! then get DoodleBuddy and access your creative side, Distant Suns and Moon phase... the list of apps is endless and many are free.

You will LURVE it too!

LadyMuck Mon 24-Aug-09 00:44:34

I usually turn to my dh about once a day to say "have I told you how much I love my iphone".

In fact i probably tell him that i love my iphone more often than I love him or the kidsblush.

McDreamy Mon 24-Aug-09 08:20:49

lol LM grin

MmeLindt Tue 25-Aug-09 10:30:05

I love my iPhone

In fact, I am soooo happy today because I took mine back to the Apple store because it had a crack in the back cover (I neglected to mention that I suspect that my DC dropped it when playing tictactoe). I thought I would have to pay £££ for a new back cover, but no. They gave me a brand new one!

It is a pain, because I have to restore it, but iTunes is working away on that at the moment.

I synchronise with Outlook so everything else (contacts, calender etc) is saved there.

4andnotout Tue 25-Aug-09 10:33:42

I love my iphone too, the internet speed is fantastic, range of apps is great, sleek, easy to use, if the battery was better it would be 100% marvelous!

futurity Tue 25-Aug-09 10:47:17

Dh and I got ours a few weeks ago and love them for all the reasons people say here.it is fab to have our calenders synced so we can both update independantly as well as on computers. Downsides are camera which is poor compared to my previous nokia and battery time which is a constant pain but probably due to me playing with the phone all the time like now!

We looked at the joggler but it doesn't even compare with the i phone in usefullness.

RustyBear Tue 25-Aug-09 15:35:42

I find my battery lasts much longer now that I keep bluetooth, 3G & location services turned off until I need them & turn off 'push' email - mine is on manual check, but you can have it check every 15m, 30m or hourly & it still saves battery.

Also, you can turn the screen brightness down quite a lot without making it difficult to read - mine is just under halfway & it's fine.

LadyMuck Tue 25-Aug-09 19:25:29

Actually in addition to battery and camera, my other bugbear is that you can't transfer data via Bluetooth, so my iphone cannot properly interface with my Tomtom. I know that there is now a Tomtom app for the iphone, but I'm unwilling to part with £60 for it given that I already own a Tomtom.

But I still love my iphone...

McDreamy Thu 27-Aug-09 23:28:54

Is it true you can only use iphone ring tones and not music from your itunes?

RustyBear Fri 28-Aug-09 07:42:53

You can make your own ringtones from your music - I have several. MadameLindt posted a link showing how to do it. (though I haven't actually tried it since the new software upgrade)

McDreamy Tue 01-Sep-09 15:22:07

I've sorted it! Thanks - I am loving my iPhone though! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now