Advanced search

Coverting old projector type photos.....................

(3 Posts)
Flowertop Thu 20-Aug-09 19:10:18

I have some old photos of my mum (who has sadly died) which are small square photos that you have to have a projector/screen to be able to see them. I want to do something for my sister's birthday by converting these to proper photos which you can actually see without a projector/screen. Does anyone know how I should go about this.
thank you.

AMumInScotland Fri 21-Aug-09 12:47:21

Hi, you can buy slide scanners for doing this which you either attach to your PC or else store the images onto an SD card and then transfer them to the PC or take them to be printed. But they cost about £50 to £100 to buy, which is a lot if you only want to do a small number.

You can also find firms which will do this for you - I found this one just by looking in Google, but I'm sure there are lots of others. This one seems to send you the images on a CD and you could then either print them yourself or take/send them away to be printed up properly on photo paper.

If you Google something like "slide scanner" you should find results for both of those things.

hocuspontas Fri 21-Aug-09 12:57:05

I used a company that I found through the interent that scans the slides onto a disk. I won't recommend them as the slides, although good quality, came out darker than they sould have. Once onto a disk you can do anything you like with them. I used Bonusprint to make up some photobooks. Again, I wouldn't recommend them as their software I had to use to brighten all my shots was extremely time consuming and not reliable. But there are loads out there!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: