Talk

Advanced search

I would like a phone for calls, texting and photos. No fancy apps needed. Any recommendations?

(6 Posts)
BooBooChicken Thu 20-Aug-09 13:26:27

i have been looking at Nokia 6303 and Sony Ericsson C510, just as they are free with a £10 a month contract.

any thoughts?

Katz Thu 20-Aug-09 13:27:36

DH has just got a sony ericsson 303, which he is very happy with

BooBooChicken Thu 20-Aug-09 13:49:04

thanks katz, i'll have a look at that one. smile

anyone else?

BooBooChicken Thu 20-Aug-09 18:02:58

bump

NetworkGuy Fri 21-Aug-09 12:24:51

May depend on the network you plan to use (or calls/text package) a little.

I'd also check on the memory cards that can be used - some are much cheaper than others. Have just seen an LG KC550 phone at a tenner/month on Virgin with a 5 megapixel camera and using micro SD (one of the most popular and cheapest, and can handle 4 GB micro SD cards, so room for lots of pix).

Though on checking a bit more, the Nokia has more internal memory, and a bit longer on talk time, and the FM radio has RDS (not that you care!)

So it could be looks (and whether you want bigger photos, better video) that makes a difference.

I usually check phones on GSM Arena for specifications (as I have seen mistakes on Carphone Warehouse / e2save / others in the past, particularly about memory and USB/ bluetooth).

Katz - I assume that's the T303 (slider phone) with the 1.3 megapixel camera (?)

BooBooChicken Fri 21-Aug-09 18:45:01

thanks network guy, i am edging towards the nokia on vodafone but i will check out gsm first smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now