Talk

Advanced search

New emails - why no envelope in my status bar?

(4 Posts)
smellymel Tue 11-Aug-09 13:11:25

If I get an email when using the internet, I get a ping and used to get a wee envelope icon in the bottom right hand side of my screen (status/tool bar?). Now I'm getting the ping but no envelope - anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? Thanks.

smellymel Wed 12-Aug-09 09:00:14

anyone? (maybe i should post in AIBU - sure I'd get some replies then???)

indigobarbie Wed 12-Aug-09 22:38:29

Hiya if you are using windows XP (sorry this is from memory, but should be checkable) right click on the start button and choose taskbar. On there, there is a tab called notifications in here ensure that the envelope icon is set to 'always show'.
Another thing you can check is that in your email and I am going to presume you are using microsoft outlook? Go to tools, then options, then preferences, then 'advanced email options' then choose to tick "Show an envelope icon in the notification area". If it's already on, try to switch it off then back on again OR check that if it is on that you have set the icon on the taskbar to always show (as per first step above). HTH

smellymel Thu 13-Aug-09 09:33:34

yay - all done - thanks very much for your help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now