Talk

Advanced search

why does my iphone not come with instructions on how to use it?

(12 Posts)
stitchtime Mon 10-Aug-09 12:30:51

or am i just automatically assumed to know how to use the thing?
whats thepoint of having all these so called applications, if i cant actually do anything beyond turning it on?
arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
i think i shall have to go visit the carphone warehouse to get them to teach me how to use the bloody thing.

EyeballsintheSky Mon 10-Aug-09 12:35:27

What are you struggling with?

It does so much, the manual would be hooooooooooge

flatcapandpearls Mon 10-Aug-09 12:37:46

I got mine just before going on a school trip with some year 10s. I spent my time on the back row of the coach having iphone lessons, after a week I was an expert.

GypsyMoth Mon 10-Aug-09 12:38:22

go on apple website....it gives a demonstration and all the info you need!!

wont be hearing from you again will we? you'll be addicted to it soon......

MadameOvary Mon 10-Aug-09 12:39:05

The manual is online, you can access it through safari icon on home screen, then in bookmarks. HTH.

RustyBear Mon 10-Aug-09 17:06:46

Manual
Once you've worked out how to get apps from the apps store, download 'The Missing Manual' - it's full of useful stuff, like tips on how to prolong battery life.

Have fun!

GrapefruitMoon Mon 10-Aug-09 17:09:23

I had mine for around 6 months before I realised it had a particular application which should have been very obvious so I'm too embarrassed to mention what it was!

PestoMonster Mon 10-Aug-09 17:38:00

Was that the 'dial number' facility?

PrincessToadstool Mon 10-Aug-09 17:41:29

Aw come on Grapefruit, spill!

RustyBear Mon 10-Aug-09 17:46:04

I found out that one when I touched the date next to a post in Threads I'm on & it asked if I wanted to dial it!

btw, a tip you won't find in the manual - if you want to get to the bottom of an MN thread quickly, don't scroll down, just touch Add a message on one of the posts.

And to get back a thread you've hidden by mistake (it will happen!)go to Customise, scroll down to Ignore topics in Active Conversations & click on the link on the word 'here' Scroll down again & you'll find a list of your hidden threads. Click Show & the thread will reappear in Active Convos

UndertheBoredwalk Mon 10-Aug-09 17:48:18

I love the way it picks up numbers on webpages. Makes it very easy to find a number online and just touch the number to dial it. Rather than what I used to do..repeating number over and over to myself until I could get to dial it lol

stitchtime Mon 10-Aug-09 18:25:38

wow, so i can mumsnet so easily
turns out, they have sent me the wrong phone. now i have to go through the hassle of sendingit back.
then, i shall follow the links you ahve all sent, and try to work it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now