Talk

Advanced search

Advice please on blocking certain sites/making the internet safe now ds1's into googling

(5 Posts)
DottyDot Fri 07-Aug-09 11:37:10

I think at the moment we don't have any safety stuff on our computer, but ds1 is 7 and into using google - at the moment just to find Star Wars and HM Armed Forces stuff (hmm) but he's recently mentioned wanting to find more stuff on penises (hmm hmm) and I've told him there's nothing on the internet (I know, but honestly what was I going to say?).

I really don't want him googling "penis" - will be getting him some age appropriate books - how can we block sites/words etc? Never really thought about it up until now.

Are there good bits of software we can download for free/buy? Any recommendations very much appreciated! smile

stripes200 Fri 07-Aug-09 11:47:54

We went through the same thing just recently when DD and her slightly older friend were left with our uncensored pc and their curiosity led them to google sex games hmm

We now have a programme called K9 security(I think), it's free and you can choose how secure you want to make the net. It's working very well and I can recommend it.

DottyDot Fri 07-Aug-09 11:52:31

Thanks Stripes - will google! grin

PortAndLemon Fri 07-Aug-09 12:49:52

<<has extensive, but admittedly unhelpful, snigger at mental image of Dot solemnly stating that there's nothing on the internet about penises>>

DottyDot Fri 07-Aug-09 14:39:33

P&L - I know..! grin

Have installed K9 and worried it already by testing out googling "penis". The only sites it lists are news-y ones, so ds could read about the woman who superglued her husband's penis to his stomach (ewww..!).

I tried to click on one link encouraging me to buy a penis enlarger but it wouldn't let me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now