Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any mumsnetter or their DH a PS3 expert?

(8 Posts)
MumHadEnough Tue 04-Aug-09 20:28:58

After a wee bit of advice. Have got an original launch 60gb PS3 (the backwards compatible one). Its crashing constantly, sometimes it boots up, other times it can't be bothered.

Sometimes it just crashes and hangs, othertimes the screen gets shapes, kind of pixellated all over it.

When it can't be bothered to boot up, the green and blue lights are lit at the same time and stay like that (no disk in).

I replaced the hard drive today in the hope that the problem would be solved. No luck unfortunately. I also performed a firmware update but no difference either.

Just looking for any advice as to anything else I can try before I go trading it in.

Thanks in advance.

K999 Tue 04-Aug-09 20:36:51

Could it be the processor??

MumHadEnough Tue 04-Aug-09 20:50:22

Hi K999, thanks for replying.

I don't know, I can't find anything that lists "symptoms" of the processor being knackered.

I was so hopeful of it being the hard drive too! sad

VickyA Tue 04-Aug-09 20:55:40

Have you read this?

Maybe it's worth approaching Sony about it?

Hope you get something sorted...

K999 Tue 04-Aug-09 21:02:00

Hard drive is just storage...dont think it controls anything...you could perhaps get your PS3 repaired....would be cheaper than replacing.....go into a branch of 'Game' or suchlike and they could probably advise you! smile

MumHadEnough Tue 04-Aug-09 21:59:57

thanks Vicky, that girl's problem is very very similar to mine. I just can't get any output on the screen at all at the moment.

Actually going to go and get an HDMI cable tomorrow and try it with that as it does sound like a graphics output problem.

If its not that then I might well need to be trading it in!

Thanks K999, game don't do repairs unfortunately. I was recommended previously on here a company called Console Doctor, but its £99 for a repair, I can trade it in and buy a new one for £149.

Thanks for your input, most appreciated! Will let you know how I get on if you're interested.

K999 Tue 04-Aug-09 22:05:49

Oh bugger!! These things are sooo expensive. I only know about PS3 cos DP is friggin glued to it....grin

MumHadEnough Tue 04-Aug-09 22:24:24

Lol, we'd all love the opportunity to be glued to ours! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now