Talk

Advanced search

how to move my iTunes library to my new laptop from old pc

(10 Posts)
Kbear Sat 01-Aug-09 21:32:12

I have scrolled through endless geeky stuff dicussions but I need someone to speak S L O W L Y in plain English

Help me pretend to DH that I am in fact a computer genius...!!

Kbear Sat 01-Aug-09 21:45:13

come on MN, I am relying on you

LightShinesInTheDarkness Sat 01-Aug-09 21:47:03

It is not complicated, but takes a bit of time.

Easiest way is to copy your music library on to a flash drive from your old computer, then upload it to ITunes from the flash drive on to your new laptop. You could also copy your library on to CD and upload it - depends how much you have.

Advantage of these is that you do then have a back-up of your music.

Kbear Sat 01-Aug-09 21:48:36

I have been trying to transfer it from my ipod to itunes but it will only transfer the stuff I have purchased from itunes and not my cds.

I will try with a flash drive.

Thanks

Kbear Sat 01-Aug-09 21:48:36

I have been trying to transfer it from my ipod to itunes but it will only transfer the stuff I have purchased from itunes and not my cds.

I will try with a flash drive.

Thanks

LightShinesInTheDarkness Sun 02-Aug-09 20:22:45

You can't transfer FROM your Ipod to a computer without a separate piece of software.

Kbear Sun 02-Aug-09 22:59:56

so I spent gawd knows how long last night transferring the music with the flash drive and it's all there on the library list but when I try to play or move any of it it says it can't locate it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

alibubbles Mon 03-Aug-09 09:25:46

Is this and this from the Apple websiteany help? I used it successfully

Kbear Mon 03-Aug-09 10:16:20

thanks, I'll have a look tonight - it's so boring when it just doesn't WORK!!!!

littlelambmakesfour Mon 03-Aug-09 10:37:08

I did this recently using my ipod but I don't think I could explain! I used this https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329. It took a while but I had lots - mainly audiobooks to amuse ds on long journeys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now