Talk

Advanced search

Just updated to Internet Explorer 8 - Now when I click on links they don't work any more ...they go to "redirectingat.com.blahblahetc"; and get stuck. What do I do?

(10 Posts)
verylittlecarrot Sat 01-Aug-09 17:25:41

The title says it all really. I can't open links any more since I upgraded to IE8, which is VERY annoying.

Can anyone tell me what to do please? (slowly and in words of very few syllables, if possible please)

daffodilli Sat 01-Aug-09 17:40:21

Control panel, add/remove programmes, find Internet Explorer 8 and click un-install (is that a word?!) this should remove it and you can try to install it again if you want to.HTH. (btw, if your computer explodes, this is DHs advice!)

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 01-Aug-09 17:41:16

I've installed this. It's a PITA!!

verylittlecarrot Sat 01-Aug-09 18:10:30

Thanks daffodilli - but is there any other fix other than uninstalling it entirely? Bit worried about that!

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 01-Aug-09 18:15:20

I have also installed it and links take me to "redirecting blah blah blah" but then the link comes up.

I didn't even make the connection between installing IE8 and the change in the way links worked. blush

verylittlecarrot Sat 01-Aug-09 18:28:17

Actually, the last link I clicked on worked! Don't know why.

dumbledoresgirl, I only made the connection because I did some quick googling first, but abandoned my attempts because I always end up on ridiculously techy spod-sites that discuss the problem in an alien language. Whooshes over my head.

<thicko>

MrAnchovy Sat 01-Aug-09 20:46:57

Nothing to do with IE8, care to comment MNHQ?

foxinsocks Sat 01-Aug-09 20:49:00

I thought it must be some ad counter type thing for mumsnet

but must admit, IE8 is a pita at first. I nearly uninstalled it too due to pita ness.

JackieNo Sat 01-Aug-09 20:52:06

DH says it's not IE8 - thought it was some sort of thingn like tinyurl, but not sure now - if you google, you get a load of people complaining about it on other sites.

JackieNo Sat 01-Aug-09 20:55:45

I think it is some sort of tracker thing, presumably for advertisers to see where we're going from MN, do you think? The redirectingat.com website is remarkably unhelpful hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now