Talk

Advanced search

You know when you begin to type a word in search engine and they come up with word suggestions from previous entries, how do I delete them?

(6 Posts)
greenday Fri 31-Jul-09 07:05:03

You know .. like for eg, you start typing 'p-e' .. and they come up with 'peter', 'personal', etc ...

How do I get rid of them?

Going to 'history' and then 'delete' only applies to the websites ... but what about word suggestions on the Google page, even before we press 'search'.

Thanks!!

countryhousehotel Fri 31-Jul-09 07:33:33

I thought they were automatic ie not generated by your previous searches but by google itself...I always get a huge list of stuff that i've never looked for and no one else uses my pc eg if I put in "un" I get things like underfloor heating and underactive thyroid, neither of which I've ever searched for!!

tillyfernackerpants Fri 31-Jul-09 07:35:19

On Google, go to the preferences page & change the query suggestion box to 'Do not provide suggestions'

Personally I like them smile

Mistymoo Fri 31-Jul-09 07:37:00

You can highlight the words and then delete them with the delete key. There is probably another way to find out where you have been but I don't know. I struggle with surprises for my DH when I do things on-line as he's an IT manager and always looks to see where I have been angry

greenday Sat 01-Aug-09 11:58:32

Thank you all for your advice. I will go try now.

BlackLetterDay Sat 01-Aug-09 12:16:04

Delete cookies I think if it's things you have actually searched for rather than google suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now