Talk

Advanced search

itunes isn't finding my ipod touch but...

(7 Posts)
gill89 Thu 30-Jul-09 11:22:55

it was an hour ago!

have put about 10 albums on it this morong then went to have my breakfast; came back and they won't recognise each other! sad

well the ipod seems to believe it is connected to the PC cos it shows that little icon thingy in the top right corner but the PC does not see the ipod.

has anyone any ideas please?

GypsyMoth Thu 30-Jul-09 11:27:41

go on the apple website where it gives step by step instructions. mine did this too.

gill89 Thu 30-Jul-09 11:45:57

i ahve followed everyhting apple suggest to no avail

i can't understand that it was working a couple of hours ago and now isn't. sad

ohfuschia Thu 30-Jul-09 11:56:29

I had this the other day - I just kept unplugging the touch, closing down itunes and reopening until eventually it recognised it and no problems since. The time it worked I opened itunes from the program list rather than the icon, why or if this made the difference I'm not sure but worth a try. Hopefully you'll soon be getting those magic words 'sync in progress' (relief smile).

bubbles4 Thu 30-Jul-09 12:02:59

have you tried resetting the ipod,cant remember exactly how to do this but have googled it in the past also try restarting the pc.

gill89 Thu 30-Jul-09 15:15:48

still no joy

haven't time to fiddle anymore with it as going on hol early in the morning!

thanks for hints so far; maybe will reset on last time!

MarmadukeScarlet Thu 30-Jul-09 15:20:05

I had this, I posted on here but you have already had more suggestions than I had!

In the end I went to the apple shop (istore?) locally, they said I had updated some software on my PC but not on my ipod so they could no longer communicate. They sorted it out for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now