Talk

Advanced search

iphone and MN query

(8 Posts)
word Mon 27-Jul-09 15:37:12

If I want to search MN, I have to log in. This brings up a new page on my iPhone. I log in, the page closes, and I'm back to being asked to log in!

Can anyone help? It's driving me potty.

(And is it a new thing, being asked to log in, to search?)

poshwellies Mon 27-Jul-09 15:42:32

I have to log in to search MN on my iPhone.

Have you tried clearing the history?

Not sure what else to do,sorry.

RustyBear Mon 27-Jul-09 15:51:10

I just logged out of MN (for the first time in months, I had to search the page for the logout button!) to conduct some research.
If you close the page after logging in by touching where it tells you to, you do go back to the page telling you to log in, but it then refreshes automatically & gives you the search page. The only way I can make it not work is by using the multiple page icon & closing the page with the red cross.

word Mon 27-Jul-09 15:59:54

History is clear, PW.

RB - I think you've hit the nail on the head. I did ONCE get it to work and so I'm guessing that's what I did. Next time I'm on it I will try. Many thank (doh - knew it would be obvious) blush

word Mon 27-Jul-09 19:37:51

RustyBear - well I've definitely done it your way now, but it doesn't refresh and let me in to the search!

Oh well, maybe I'll have to save that for when on the PC.

At least I feel a bit less stupid now. smile

RustyBear Mon 27-Jul-09 20:03:33

Hmm, no more ideas, I'm afraid.

Thing is, I do seem to remember having trouble when I first got my iPhone, but I can't remember what I did - I probably just logged in on the PC! Since then I haven't had any problems, but then I rarely log out anyway!

MNHQ did say something about a mobile/iPhone/Blackberry version, don't know how high that it on Tech's List....

word Wed 29-Jul-09 08:46:29

Thanks anyway RB

RustyBear Wed 29-Jul-09 18:22:17

Actually I do have one more suggestion - go to Settings on your iPhone & scroll down to Safari. Look at your Accept Cookies setting - mine is From Visited - if yours is set to Never, it may be that it's blocking a cookie that your login needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now