Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

problems viewing and playing cdr s

(9 Posts)
ipiratethief Mon 27-Jul-09 13:59:02

Hi I have new computer, which was put together for me by a friend who is on holiday atm.

I burn all my photos as I go along, and now the player on here won't recognise these, nor will it play cd's I have burnt using nero. It just says the cd's (all of any burnt ones) are either corrupt or that windows does not recognise them.

On my old pc I had a d drive that it came with and a separate rw drive that we bought and installed in the 'hole'!

So could it be that this d drive does not 'do' cd r's? I wasnever given an option to 'format' my other ones when i used to burn pics or music.

please tel me my pics are safe, it's a horrible feeling!!

oh and any help would be fantatic.

ps I havent installed nero on here yet, i didn't think I'd need to just to view dtuff.

ipiratethief Mon 27-Jul-09 14:00:59

sorry, my new system is still windows xp.

ipiratethief Mon 27-Jul-09 16:54:00

bump

ipiratethief Mon 27-Jul-09 18:28:03

roll up roll up

ipiratethief Mon 27-Jul-09 20:42:52

xxxx

ipiratethief Mon 27-Jul-09 21:51:52

la la la

onagar Mon 27-Jul-09 23:28:26

It should read them and I doubt you have lost anything. It's probably just something about the way this computer is set up.

It's also possible that you used something like Nero InCD packet writing software before. If so you wouldn't be able to read them without it installed (or something similar)

Does that ring any bells?

onagar Mon 27-Jul-09 23:37:31

Now I think about it. (it's been many years since I had InCD) I don't think that would have let you write to CD-Rs, anyway only the RW disks. Still it's likely to be something of that sort causing the problem and the disks will be ok. Do you have a friends PC you can try them in just to reassure you until it's sorted out? They might even play in a DVD player (the kind under the TV) though that depends a lot on the player and the type of pictures.

ipiratethief Wed 29-Jul-09 19:45:31

thanks, only just saw this (had escaped to the bottom of my list !!)

I may have found the answer. The drive is a toshiba sd2126, and might only play normal cds and dvds. Although the spec on the toshiba website syas is should recognise cd r's etc...

I did burn most of the pics with Nero, yes. Yet I also have burnt cd's, done by say, windows media which the drive is not playing.

thanks for replying !

I will go down to the dvd player to check --why didn't I think of that!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now