Talk

Advanced search

how I can stop Firefox asking me if I want to change my password every time I post on MN?

(10 Posts)
edam Thu 23-Jul-09 17:19:31

It's becoming rather tedious...

Am running FF on a Mac, if that makes any difference. (OS X v10.4.11 - not anything sexy like Tiger or Leopard or whatever.)

BreevandercampLGJ Thu 23-Jul-09 17:33:43

Is it trying to tell you something ?? wink

edam Thu 23-Jul-09 17:48:27

What, FF is trying to run me off MN? <returns to Safari, post-haste>

retiredgoth2 Thu 23-Jul-09 17:52:03

At the risk of teaching egg-sucking...

....have you tried clicking Firefox<Preferences<Security< The password options are all there.

I'd just clear it and start again, myself....

retiredgoth2 Thu 23-Jul-09 17:54:29

...I like Omniweb best.

(Mac only browser)

It's free now (Grrr. I paid for it!!) and passwords, cookies, and tabs are really easy to manage. You can set individual preferences for every site you visit...

edam Thu 23-Jul-09 18:49:50

thank you RetiredGoth - thing is I only went for FF because some wise MNers suggested it, haven't actually explored any functions or anything.

Oh, and safari was crap. blush

Opera is also good.

edam Thu 23-Jul-09 22:35:43

blimey, I can't start all over again! Not unless someone tells me how to transfer bookmarks, anyway. (Am prepared to blush here if there is a really easy way I just don't know about.)

I believe, when you install opera, it asks you what bookmarks you want to import.

It also offers various import options in the file menu. I don't see Safari on the list, but I'm not on a Mac. The Safari Bookmark Exporter might help as well.

edam Fri 24-Jul-09 12:32:24

thank you! Now I just have to work out how to persuade my computer NOT to automatically save web pages in blasted Safari...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now