Talk

Advanced search

My Pc has just informed me I am under attack from A Trojan.Win.32 And it will cost me $79 to put it right. What do I do?

(15 Posts)
mrsmaidamess Sun 12-Jul-09 20:32:30

It keeps shouting at me. It says it's malicious.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 20:36:36

Go onto a free scan site, it will scan your computer for free and isolate the little bastard. Try antisuper spyware. I had this too, I scanned and it was nothing.

mumonthenet Sun 12-Jul-09 20:38:21

or AVIRA antivirus (google it). I had a free downloaded version for years.

Also Malabytes (antimalware) - also free.

mrsmaidamess Sun 12-Jul-09 20:39:27

I tried to and it said STOP THIS SITE CONTAINS MALICIOUS SPYWARE. Then directed me back to Personal Antivirus who told me I had the problem in the first place

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 20:40:08

Windows one care do a free three month trial, you can download this, it's really good. It does keep popping up after the trial has ended though.

Yurtgirl Sun 12-Jul-09 20:40:33

Download Windows onecare - you can get a free 3 month trial which is very good - it detected a trojan on my laptop

Doodle2u Sun 12-Jul-09 20:41:14

Download spybot immediately and run a scan.

Also, update your anti-virus software and do a full scan.

If necessary, switch your PC off (fully) and then start up again.

You are in a loop and this 'company' trying to flog you their software, are con artists.

Yurtgirl Sun 12-Jul-09 20:41:22

Fluffy and I think alike!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 20:45:15

It's because we've both had this little sod trying to get money from us! It is in itself, a virus. Microsoft must have updated something, it's a PITA to get rid of, your best bet is to quarantine it using a spyware programme, you can download loads of free ones. It just wants your cash! The chances are, your computer has no viruses etc.

MummyElk Sun 12-Jul-09 20:48:10

agreed - just ran this by my v clever DH and he said yes go with Spybot it's v good - there is no reason why you need to spend any money on clearing this PITA from your PC!
Poor you - there are some cheeky a**eholes out there aren't there!

mrsmaidamess Sun 12-Jul-09 21:19:53

I have downloaded Windows One care (the only one I could without the 'Personal Antivirus' getting in the way. it has sorted it, I think. But how do I get rid of the 'personal Antivirus' icon that has appeared in the bar at the bottom of my screen and with all my shortcuts?? <Dumbo>

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 21:21:48

Have you run a scan to check there's nothing on there?

I don't know about the icon, it didn't come up on mine. I just quarantined it so it's still on my laptop, just not pissing me off.

mumonthenet Sun 12-Jul-09 21:25:23

you could right-click on the icon and then when the window opens, close it properly.

Or even uninstall the stupid thing if you find another more reliable antivirus.

mrsmaidamess Sun 12-Jul-09 21:25:50

Windows onecare says my status is good. This anti virus virus keeps telling me I am under attack though I HATE COMPUTERS

singleWhiteMale Sun 12-Jul-09 23:44:48

I would download and run malwarebytes anti-malware. It will probably remove your bogus anti-virus program.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now