Talk

Advanced search

My pcs gone freaky!!

(7 Posts)
Mspontipine Fri 10-Jul-09 23:46:05

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly when I switch power on nothing comes up no welcome screens etc I have to cont/alt/delete to sign in.

Secondly switched on tonight - my colours have gone wierd. People in photos now have purple faces
shock and wink are turquoise
sad this is pink
angry and envy correct colours.

Any clues??

gigglewitch Fri 10-Jul-09 23:52:49

ewwwww. bump. because I haven't heard of that before, and the Geek [dh] is out.
laptop or desktop?

Mspontipine Fri 10-Jul-09 23:57:45

Desktop. I am wondering if some simple cable wiggling is needed but will need to pull out cupboard and fight through years of dust and fluff to get to them. Don't make me go in there!!

gigglewitch Sat 11-Jul-09 00:06:32

am wondering two things (which is very rare for my befuddled brain) one as you say is to do with dust wires, but it is less likely imho as it is working (you haven't had anyone small poking buttons on the monitor have you wink)
The other one is Most Bizarre : move the speakers away from the screen, or switch them off, see if it makes any difference. Think it's the magnetic field that causes it wink

mummylin2495 Sat 11-Jul-09 00:06:45

could it maybe anything to do with your graphics card ???

gigglewitch Sat 11-Jul-09 00:12:45

wondered that too, mummylin, but on the whole if they cock up they do it big-time hmm - afaik???

Is there a spare monitor / friends / neighbours you could get your hands on to establish if your monitor's goosed or if it's the computer <gulp>

mummylin2495 Sat 11-Jul-09 22:44:58

i too had a fright like that last week ,we tried my comp on my dh,s monitor and thats actually what it was ,my flat screen is caput and i am now using my old big monitor until i get a new flat screen ! that started going wrong when the picture started to break up completely,then it just went blank and that was it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now