Talk

Advanced search

Can't get rid of Wingdings/ Symbols Can't write a things now. Help?

(10 Posts)
Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:02:46

I have Windows Vista I want to add 1 (yes 1)symbol. pressed symbol got the symbol I wanted now can't write anything as its all in symbols. How do I go back to normal writing. help can't get on with my work?
I know your a clever brunch please help? smile weakly

Doodle2u Thu 09-Jul-09 22:04:27

Try right click and choose font from drop down menu which appears on your screen

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:05:53

It goes back to windings for no reason Agggrh!!!!!

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:06:26

It seems that its default font now! Why?

Doodle2u Thu 09-Jul-09 22:06:38

Just to clarify - you're working in MS Word right?

Doodle2u Thu 09-Jul-09 22:11:14

Right click.

Change font.

Before closing this box, look at the bottom, left hand corner and you'll see a button with 'DEFAULT' written on it - click it and then press OK.

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:11:50

Yes, I was using MN pre-holiday list and just editing it just for us. If i start again on a fresh Doc without the boxes. It seem to think that I want the rest of the doc in wingdings! I'm going to get on with my list without symbols just cross fingers I don't need symbols again as then the whole doc is in wingdings.

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:14:08

I did that and it just went back to wingdings on that doc. I'm just not going to use it which is a shame as I liked the Logo at the top! Cheers

Doodle2u Thu 09-Jul-09 22:18:52

The Mumsnet Logo? Just right click on the logo on the top of this page - you can paste it on to your own document! grin

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:20:04

Will do thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: