Talk

Advanced search

Can't get rid of Wingdings/ Symbols Can't write a things now. Help?

(10 Posts)
Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:02:46

I have Windows Vista I want to add 1 (yes 1)symbol. pressed symbol got the symbol I wanted now can't write anything as its all in symbols. How do I go back to normal writing. help can't get on with my work?
I know your a clever brunch please help? smile weakly

Doodle2u Thu 09-Jul-09 22:04:27

Try right click and choose font from drop down menu which appears on your screen

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:05:53

It goes back to windings for no reason Agggrh!!!!!

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:06:26

It seems that its default font now! Why?

Doodle2u Thu 09-Jul-09 22:06:38

Just to clarify - you're working in MS Word right?

Doodle2u Thu 09-Jul-09 22:11:14

Right click.

Change font.

Before closing this box, look at the bottom, left hand corner and you'll see a button with 'DEFAULT' written on it - click it and then press OK.

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:11:50

Yes, I was using MN pre-holiday list and just editing it just for us. If i start again on a fresh Doc without the boxes. It seem to think that I want the rest of the doc in wingdings! I'm going to get on with my list without symbols just cross fingers I don't need symbols again as then the whole doc is in wingdings.

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:14:08

I did that and it just went back to wingdings on that doc. I'm just not going to use it which is a shame as I liked the Logo at the top! Cheers

Doodle2u Thu 09-Jul-09 22:18:52

The Mumsnet Logo? Just right click on the logo on the top of this page - you can paste it on to your own document! grin

Starbear Thu 09-Jul-09 22:20:04

Will do thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now