Talk

Advanced search

Can you block an email going out of your email

(20 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 16:40:45

Or is it just incoming ones?

TIA.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 17:30:59

Does anyone know? I can't find the option on my email.

FlappyTheBat Tue 07-Jul-09 17:33:14

Why would you need to block an email that you are sending?

Or, are you trying to block part of an email that's been forwarded several times and has lots of email addresses on it?

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 17:34:48

or is it to stop you sending emails to a particular person?

NorbertDentressangle Tue 07-Jul-09 17:39:49

delete the relevant email address from your address book?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 17:43:08

lulumama - it is a risk atm as the legal stuff is about to take off and I am really struggling with it. Back then he was very supportive and I know it would be too easy to go down that road.

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 18:37:52

you need to clear your mind and your life of this person

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 18:45:35

I know that.

FlappyTheBat Tue 07-Jul-09 18:48:23

Agree, delete his email address.

Would even go as far as suggesting you change your email address so you can have a new start.

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 18:52:31

so , why haven't you? this has been months, months and months of negativity and stress and upset and woe.

bite the bullet and do teh right thing

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 18:53:57

Oh how silly of me not to do it when it is clearly so easy.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 18:56:13

And it is all me. I know his email off by heart so that doesn't help.

It isn't even about him anymore but I don't expect anyone to understand when I can't explain it myself. I am leaving this now. I only wanted tech advise.

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 19:04:15

sorry if it is not wnat you want to hear
but there is nothing else to say IMO.

it is not the first time you have brought up this subject

you know what you have to do

i know it is not easy, of course it isn't, i know you are struggling BUT at some point you have to accept there is no nice way to hear some things

you need to find a way to move forward with the suporrt of your DH and counselling etc.

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 19:05:05

i am sorry if you thikn i am being unsympathetic, but having been on a number of your threads re this situation, i can't say anything other than you need to find a way to leave him behind

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 19:08:27

But I know that and I am finding it so hard to do.

When I think of never seeing him again or talking to him I feel like I have real tightness in my chest and just cry.

I have been trying to do this for months and it scares me so much that I just can't do it for more than a short time.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 19:10:02

I am sorry about the numerous posts. I am clearly struggling and just desperate for help. Wasn't aware you aren't allowed to post more than once.

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 19:10:20

you need to work on it so that you get that feeling re your DH at the thought of him not being in your life.

i am not being flippant or uncaring, the therapy and counselling are tools, you will have to do the work and make painful, difficult choices, of which this is one

FlappyTheBat Tue 07-Jul-09 19:10:24

Don't know what system/ email provider you use but have done a bit of search and someone posted a similar query on a forum and they were directed to here
microsoft

forum

You could try these and see if someone can give you the help that you need.

Lulumama Tue 07-Jul-09 19:11:04

you are taking me all wrong

you can post as many times as you like about the same subject, BUT sometimes you will only get the same answers

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 07-Jul-09 19:11:39

I could not be without DH. I do feel that way about him. I would be lost without him. I love him so much which is why all this other stuff scares me so much.

Thank you for that flappy. I will take a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now