Talk

Advanced search

Broken Contract mobile. No insurance. What do I do?

(4 Posts)
booksbooksbooks Sun 05-Jul-09 20:11:09

Hi
I've managed to break the screen of my mobile, 1 month into an 18 month contract with virgin.
Can I just buy a PAYG virgin mobile and transfer the SIM card, or do I need to do something more complicated? I've realised I won't be able to replace it with the same phone, as that's too much money.

I've never bothered with insurance as I've only ever had cheap PAYG phones.

thanks for any advice. I can't even ring Virgin as I don't think the phone will work at all!

whomovedmychocolate Sun 05-Jul-09 20:15:59

Yes you can buy one (Tesco is cheapest - esp their online bit) - their prepay phones start about £30. Just ditch the SIM and then call your operator and say you have changed handsets, they won't care. They just take a note of the serial number in case it's stolen etc.

thisisyesterday Sun 05-Jul-09 20:21:16

you can just swap it yes.

i would try giving them a ring though. when I lost my phone I rang Orange and they agreed to replace it for next to nothing, as long as I took out insurance for the remainder of my contract (£4.99 a month)
it was worth it because I broke the new one they sent me, so had that replaced free lol

booksbooksbooks Sun 05-Jul-09 22:17:10

thanks.
I'll contact them then. I just was worried in case they made me carry on the contract with a phone that was not working, but not let me move my number to a new phone
thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now