Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My house has no mobile phone coverage and cannot pick up a DA B or any radio signal, are the two linked and how can I listen to the radio in my kitchen?

(8 Posts)
flatcapandpearls Sat 04-Jul-09 16:55:24

I cannot pick up anything on my DAB radio, am I just in an area that has poor reception for anything? So should I give up? MY DAB radio was a cheap one, will a better DAB radio work?

How do wifi radios work? Or for similar money am I better off just putting another speaker for my wireless ipod docking system in the kitchen and tuning into the radio from that?

Thanks!

whomovedmychocolate Sat 04-Jul-09 23:57:31

We have no mobile phone coverage but can get DAB with a Pure Digital. Our cheaper DAB can't cope though. Have you considered listening through broadband on your computer?

blithedance Sun 05-Jul-09 00:22:31

I think they are different systems. DAB reception is poor in a lot of places.

How is your Tv/Satellite/analogue radio signal?

flatcapandpearls Sun 05-Jul-09 10:07:16

We have not tried the TV yet, we are in the process of moving in. There is a sky dish so you must be able to get that.

Where we are now is 10 minutes up the road and the TV signal is not great so we have sky.

I could listen through my computer in the dining room or the TV in my living room but was thinking specifically of in the kitchen. May try a better digital radio, is pure digital different then.

Millarkie Sun 05-Jul-09 10:17:40

We live in a dip and can't get any radio signal (have had to have an special extended aerial to get a tv signal and can't get sky due to trees in the way...so we bought an old computer from ebay and put it in the kitchen - networked it and get our radio via the internet. (Also means I can MN whilst cooking).

flatcapandpearls Sun 05-Jul-09 10:24:05

I suppose I could just put a laptop in the kitchen while I am in there

dizzymare Sun 05-Jul-09 10:39:30

I've found this on play.com. It looks like it sends any audio you've got coming from your computer, to the speaker? Voila..radio in the kitchen grin
And look at the sale price shock

flatcapandpearls Sun 05-Jul-09 11:10:20

gosh that is cheap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now