Talk

Advanced search

Should I be able to cancel this BT Vision package ?

(4 Posts)
NoWookinFurries Sat 04-Jul-09 09:54:10

My first post - pls be gentle...

My DH wanted Setanta Sports so when I rang BT Vision to purchase it (BT are my broadband provider and we do have a vision box) they in not so many words told me I should buy a Bronze Package as Setanta was offered free and the packagae only cost £3 more a month and for 3 months I could have a discount...

And now Setanta are no more....

We don't watch the other programmes... duh !

BT at the moment are not letting me cancel the package without paying cancellation fees of around £220 !!!

So my question is...should I be able to cancel this as they are no longer provding what I wanted ???

They are coming from the angle that they are working on an alternative, but frankly, I'm not interested in it...

Thanks for your help

snala Sat 04-Jul-09 22:11:13

We had a loads of problems with bt. The broadband never worked, tried to cancel because we were paying for a service we couldnt get.

It took months to get it sorted, after dozens of calls to call centres, being passed from pillar to post we ended up cancelling the direct debit.

You are totally right, they have broken the contract, failing to give you the service you signed up for. Keep on at them,have a look ino your consumer rights.

Good luck

NoWookinFurries Sun 05-Jul-09 09:32:50

Thanks for that snala, I had considered that, but we do get our broadband and phone with them and so far thats been no problem...so I'm a bit reluctant to stop the DD

I think they are trying to say that the contract I have taken out is for the TV packages and that Setanta was an added extra, but thats not how they sold it to me...

I find the easiest wau to get problems with BT sorted, is to send an email to gavin.e.patterson@bt.com. He's something like MD of the consumer services division and he gave out his email on Radio 4 a few years back. I find an email to him gets things sorted, although I don't suppose it's him that reads them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now