Talk

Advanced search

Mobile Internet £5 for 500mb?

(4 Posts)
lotty789 Sat 27-Jun-09 10:31:20

I have just rung orange as I am thinking about getting internet on my phone-mainly so I can use it as a modem at work on my laptop-I'm a teacher so personal laptops which we use for planning can't be hooked into the school network. They have said it is £5 for 500mb a month anyone know if this is good value or not?

Cheers

Lotty

wildfish Mon 29-Jun-09 08:39:54

Bad value IMO. and I bet the overcharge over 500Mb will kill you.

Tmobile are £15 for 3GB (£10 for first 3 months)

Many others will include free internet access for phone usage (not as modem to laptop).

I always found Orange deals not so great on the mobile broadband front. Check the websites for an idea.

nannynick Mon 29-Jun-09 09:12:49

I've been using 3 Mobile broadband for a year now and the service is appalling at times. The technology just doesn't work - great when you are near a base station, otherwise it can be very very patchy.
Three are currently doing 5GB for £15 per month on a 1 month rolling contract. Dongle cost £10.

Do you need mobile broadband? Could you use your existing mobile phone to access things like e-mail, mumsnet etc.
For school work I presume you can use a school computer.

lotty789 Mon 29-Jun-09 16:57:00

Thanks....guess I will just have to persevere with no MN/FB etc whilst at work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now