Talk

Advanced search

Help! My baby has turned my screen upside down!

(12 Posts)
artifarti Sat 27-Jun-09 09:40:06

I made the mistake of letting DS 'type' whilst I was on MN. Then suddenly the screen tunred upside down and the mouse reversed! I didn't even know you could do this! Why would anyone want to do this?! I have tried Help but to no avail - can anyone let me know how to reverse it or I am in danger of getting a crick in my neck!

nevergoogledragonbutter Sat 27-Jun-09 09:50:01

I think it's ctrl + UP

happens alot around here.

nevergoogledragonbutter Sat 27-Jun-09 09:54:05

did it work?
i'm not sure that's it.

RustyBear Sat 27-Jun-09 09:55:52

Ctrl-alt-up arrow.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sat 27-Jun-09 09:56:54

Hee hee no help but I am now sitting flicking mumsnet upside down...god I really need to get out more.

SarahL2 Sat 27-Jun-09 09:56:58

I think it might be ctrl+alt+arrow key (up or left I think)

I used to work on a PC helpdesk for a big bank before I left to have DS - you'd be amazed at how much time those people have for messing about with each others PC's!!!

nevergoogledragonbutter Sat 27-Jun-09 09:57:11

thanks rusty.
i think i'll stick to baby naming threads.

RustyBear Sat 27-Jun-09 10:02:39

It usually happens when a baby or toddler bangs one hand each side of the keyboard & one hits ctrl & alt & the other hits one of the arrow keys. Or with older children if the computer freezes & they think they know how to use ctrl- alt- delete to recover, but they get an arrow key instead.
To stop it happening you can disable hot keys - right click on your desktop & choose Graphics Properties. Depending on your graphics card you might get an option on the dropdown menu to disable hot keys or it may give you a dialogue box where you can do it.

artifarti Sat 27-Jun-09 10:03:09

Phew! Thanks everyone. Normal MN service is resumed.

RustyBear Sat 27-Jun-09 10:09:26

As for why it's possible, it can be useful in situations where you can''t hav. A monitor the right way up - in some industrial situations for example, or when you've got a ceiling mounted projector which will be mounted upside down so you can access the controls (though on most modern projectors you can turn the image upside down)
My sister is a translator and gas a monitor which she can turn 90 degrees to make it easier to work on long documents -so she has to be able to turn the computer display too.

RustyBear Sat 27-Jun-09 10:11:24

Sorry - that should read "where you can't have a monitor the right way up" - my iPhone puts a full stop & capital in if you press space twice. Usually it's useful, but not always, especially if you don't preview....

nevergoogledragonbutter Sat 27-Jun-09 16:23:54

you are the gadget master rusty.

my phone doesn't do pictures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now