Talk

Advanced search

i pod: nano, classic or i touch

(15 Posts)
purlease Wed 17-Jun-09 12:39:49

want to buy one for DHs 40th birthday. was going to get the itouch but not sure about the difference between the different options. Problem with itouch is biggest memory available is 32 gb whereas classic is available in 120GB. DH music collection on computer is 56 GB.

Advice please

jooseyfruit Wed 17-Jun-09 12:47:15

i lurve my ipod touch, i have a 16gb one and have thousands of photo's and pages of apps but only about 10 albums worth of music and i've only used a fraction of the memory.

maybe dh could trim down his music collection a bit?? it would be worth it for all the cool apps!

Bumperlicioso Wed 17-Jun-09 12:47:47

Depends. DH has a classic as for him it is more important to have all his music on the iPod but I have a touch (only 8GB) and it is fab! I love all the apps that you can get, like books, fitness apps, learn languages, all kinds of things. For me the music thing isn't as important.

GypsyMoth Wed 17-Jun-09 12:49:56

Itouch too.....I'm mumsnetting on it!!

RubberDuck Wed 17-Jun-09 12:50:45

itouch definitely

RubberDuck Wed 17-Jun-09 12:51:51

You don't have to have all your music on it at once - you can set up playlists or have it randomly put tracks on and next time you sync (which you'll need to charge the battery anyway) it can put a different batch on all through itunes. It really isn't necessary to have your entire collection on at once - your battery would run out before you could play the lot anyway!

purlease Wed 17-Jun-09 12:54:02

I'm thinking itouch as well - the music collection is already on the computer and as you say joosey he can trim down collection for ipod. I like all the cool apps even if he doesn't!

purlease Wed 17-Jun-09 12:55:45

seems pretty unanimous here...with exception of bumpers DH

jooseyfruit Wed 17-Jun-09 12:59:27

do it!!!
my dh bought me mine for our anniversary, i barely get a look in when him a dc's get their clammy mits on it!!

Portofino Wed 17-Jun-09 13:05:12

I love my iPod Touch - it truly is fab! When I first got it I was amazed that you could have so much functionality in a thing so small. DD is a whizz with it too. Half my downloaded apps are for her. They need to do a cheap Kid's one.....

BusyBeeWithThree Wed 17-Jun-09 13:08:51

I agree Portofino. My children love my Ipod touch. I have a nano and a touch and would prefer the touch everytime.

GypsyMoth Wed 17-Jun-09 13:15:55

I play endless solitaire on mine!!!

RubberDuck Wed 17-Jun-09 13:18:01

I'm addicted to Peggle on mine at the moment...

purlease Wed 17-Jun-09 13:42:33

oooh a gift I can borrow!

purlease Sat 25-Jul-09 21:22:50

Right decided to post again on the same thread as you were all so helpful before. DH absolutely adores his new toy. DSIS hasn't got him a present yet and was looking for ideas. I suggested speakers or gizmo to play in the car - any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now