Talk

Advanced search

Please help, I have some video clips on my phone i'd like to upload, but can't figure out how

(4 Posts)
BionicleBill Tue 16-Jun-09 17:16:40

Been trying to do this for several months, and no luck sad

It's a sony ericsson k800i and I can upload photos but it doesn't seem to do the video clips...which option do I need to use when the window comes up? Real player? Media player? Or copy to something> but it just ignores the video files when I do that.

Really grateful if anyone can advise.

NetworkNanniesSurrey Tue 16-Jun-09 18:46:47

What format are the files in? Generally you will get them in some sort of 3g file so you may need to convert them to get them to work.

You need to get your video files onto you pc before converting them. You should have these on the memory card somewhere in your phone which you can place into most newer PCs or laptops (phone may have come with a card adapter which the small card fits into). You may also have a USB cable and some software that will allow you access to the phone. Not sure what the phone names the files by default, but i guess they are named in date and time format?

Once you have the files (make sure you make copies!!!) you need to use something like this which will change the file to an AVI file which you can watch with all the main media players.

Good luck.

BionicleBill Tue 16-Jun-09 20:58:29

Thankyou very much for your help. I will have a go at it tomorrow when my brain might be working better! smile

I have a USB cable that the phone plugs onto in order to upload photos, so assumed it would be something to do with that? Rather than a card iyswim. as I only have a sim card in the phone afaik.

NetworkNanniesSurrey Tue 16-Jun-09 23:18:31

No problem. As long as you can connect to the PC you wont need to remove the card. There will be one in there and it might be UNDER your sim its that small.

Either way, once you find where the video files are its simple to convert them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now