Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Problems with Adobe on a MacBook.

(5 Posts)
FlappyTheBat Fri 12-Jun-09 13:49:52

Recently upgraded laptop from iBook to MacBook, transferred all data/progs from old to new and everything seemed to be working, well pretty much everything!!

Have been unable to open any PDF's and have downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader several times, always see message that installation was successful but still can't open PDF's.

Phones have just died so going out shortly to buy replacements but apparently you have to download instruction manual as a PDF, not a lot of help for me at the moment.

It is probably something very simple that I am forgetting to do, but I can't think of what to do next.

Any help greatly received, TIA.

Going to head out now and leave adobe alone.

Geekylass Fri 12-Jun-09 14:06:32

Have you tried opening PDFs with Preview instead? It should already be installed on your Macbook. Sorry if this is a stupid answer blush

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 12-Jun-09 14:08:33

is the downloaded acrobat still in the downloads box? You could try dragging it to the desktop and then try.

FlappyTheBat Fri 12-Jun-09 16:05:54

Thanks for your help, I dragged it into the desktop and a new window opened and asked if I would accept t&c. It is now working so can download instruction manuals for new phone.

I thought it would be something simple, now feel a little blush grin

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 12-Jun-09 19:27:53

yw, glad I could help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now