Advanced search

Technophobe needs some help with new LCD TV

(5 Posts)
flier Sun 07-Jun-09 09:19:50

We bought a wee 19" LCD HD TV yesterday to use mainly for my PC as a monitir but also as a TV for the dining room. We tried to play a dvd on it last night but it seems to need an additional cable. Currently on our old fashioned TV we just plug in 3 cables from our DVD player to our TV and off we go.

My Q is - what do I need to buy - what is teh name of the cable I need to ask for at Maplins? blush

ChasingSquirrels Sun 07-Jun-09 09:25:16

scart lead I should think

RustyBear Sun 07-Jun-09 09:31:17

Difficult to say without knowing what outputs you have on the DVD player & the inputs on the Tv. Are the tv inputs labelled?

If not you could try getting a clear photo of the sockets on both pieces of equipment & taking that in to Maplins & they should be able to help.

flier Sun 07-Jun-09 09:33:19

don't think its a scart lead. should have said - manual seems to show 3 cables for video and 2 for sound (our dvd player has 2 video and 1 sound).

whatever happened to plug and play? I thought things were supposed to be easier these days....another sogn I'm getting old I suppose grin

flier Sun 07-Jun-09 09:36:46

thanks RustyBear. the inputs are labelled Y,Pb and Pr. for video and audio are just L and R

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: