Talk

Advanced search

Transferring pictures to DVD - how?

(5 Posts)
MaggieW Fri 05-Jun-09 20:07:58

My photo's are all on the laptop but how do I put them onto a CD or DVD to store them and what sort of CD or DVD do I need please? Also how many photo's will one disc hold? TIA.

mawihtec Fri 05-Jun-09 20:46:51

i am going to assume that you are using windows then when you put a cd/dvd in to your disc drive the autoplay should give you the option of creating a data disc or in computor if you right mouse click on the balnk disc there will be an option on the pop up list
then you can just drag and drop to the disc image as to the type of disc you need and amount of storage most newish laptops will use cdrw and dvd+r or dvd-r dvd is by far the most economical way of storing as you can get 4.5gb of data onto them and depending on the file size of the pics this will allow you to store several hundred (i have used dvd and managed to store over 1000 photos and short vid clips of 20-30 second onto 4 dvds whereas with cd only holding 700mb you would potentialy need up to 5-6 times as many) so while initially cds are more attractiv on price overall dvd are the best deal and places like wilkinsons or sainsburys sell spindles of 100 dvd for appros £25 i would recommend you use dvd

onagar Fri 05-Jun-09 21:28:48

I don't know if new laptops come with DVD writing software now. If not then ImgBurn is free and reasonably easy to use.

MaggieW Tue 09-Jun-09 22:18:01

Right, thanks for that. I've edited the pics and relabelled pictures folders on the laptop and thought I had just dragged and dropped those that I wanted. However, when I took the disc out and put it back in and then selected "view pictures" the disc now seems to have everything in the pictures file from the hard drive including pics I didn't want. How do I view what's on it without having to go through a slide show, and how do I delete off the disc so I can start again, as something has clearly gone awry!

MaggieW Wed 10-Jun-09 20:58:07

Have sussed it out - but still would be grateful to know a shortcut please to seeing what's on the F: drive rather than having to launch something else and then go in that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now