Talk

Advanced search

Sharing video for idiots!!

(5 Posts)
Jux Mon 01-Jun-09 18:18:46

I usually send my MIL a few pics every so often using Picasa, but I've just got a camcorder (!I!am!so!excited!) and have made a short film of dd on the trampoline which I have actually got onto the pc. Is there a way of sending it to MIL & sFIL who are both even more incompetent on the pc than me!?

Thanks.

nannynick Mon 01-Jun-09 18:35:44

Video files can be quite large, so the first part of the process is to compress the file - does your camcorder come with any software for compressing the video?

You could then upload the video to a video sharing site such as:
StashSpace where you can use a Free account to host the video for 60 days.

Jux Mon 01-Jun-09 19:08:51

Thanks, that's great.

I got the camcorder second hand and I've only just managed to find the manual to download! Forget any software, it ain't gonna happen. I'm sure I can find something on my m/c which will compress files - I have tons of stuff hanging about.

StashSpace sounds great - I'll check it out later - got to make supper.

Jux Mon 01-Jun-09 22:18:22

I've downloaded the free version now. Unfortunately, my 'movies' (and I use the term very loosely) are not yer usual stuff. StashSpace can't find 'em. They've got the wrong file extension. In fact, they have no file extension; but in 'detail' view in Windows, they are there as 'movie clip' rather than something sensible like 'wmv' or the like.

What do I do now? They're not proper files! (There are 2 versions of each, the other version has an extension 'MOI' but is only 1kb so I know it's not the actual thing.)

div22c Wed 03-Jun-09 23:33:14

i have recently discovered vimeo, which is great. you can upload 500MB every week free of cost, and then share them with whoever you like. it also has a host of privacy settings. you could try if that supports your file format. let us know how you get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now