Talk

Advanced search

Oh pooey poo, Something isd telling me I have a virus, need help urgently

(4 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 01-Jun-09 13:36:36

Something appears to have installed itself on my computer, it keeps telling me I have a major virus that will steal all my passwords. To protect my computer from this I should install Personal Anti Virus, if you click on Personal Anti Virus ( I thought it was a windows thing) it is then asking for my credit card details to pay for the anti virus, now I might be a bit gullable but come on, it just told me I have a virus accessing all the information.
I ran my AVG antivirus and a spybit but they have come up with nothing, I cant seem to remove Personal Antivirus from my computer and it is in the corner bit flashing critical messages at me every 30 secs, what the hell do I do?

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 01-Jun-09 13:49:23

Please help, I am tryiong to find out how to remove it but It wont let me onto many websits, for some reason it thinks your ok though. wink

onagar Mon 01-Jun-09 14:08:20

The Personal Antivirus thing is a trick so it doesn't mean you had a virus already. You are infected with this thing though and need to get it off your PC. It pretends it's part of windows to catch you out.

There is a page here that tells you how to remove it by installing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program. I think this is your best bet.

Removing Personal Antivirus

About half way down the page there is a bit that says "Automated Removal Instructions for Personal Antivirus using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:" and that seems to be the bit you need to follow.

onagar Mon 01-Jun-09 14:09:48

Ignore the adverts at the top of that page.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now