Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a mobile phone with 5MP camera please?

(10 Posts)
Haylstones Mon 01-Jun-09 09:56:44

I have the Nokia N95 atm but hate it soooo much so would like to buy another one. The only requirements I have are that I can listen to MP3, preferably radio too, 5megapixel camera and generally look smart smile
Can anyone recommend one? I'm looking at the LG Viewty- any thoughts on this one?

OhBling Mon 01-Jun-09 10:00:21

Sony Ericcson. It is the way forward. Their phones are basically cameras with phones attached. I love mine. I have the C905 which is actually an 8.1 mega pixel camera but they have a lower one that is 5 - will depend on your contract what you can get free.

I don't do the MP3 thing but I'm fairly certain the Sony's are good for that too - they're Sony after all.

You will never look back. DH was a committed Nokia person until I got my claws into him and he has never regretted changing over!

Just one thing - check the buttons. The same phone can have slightly different buttons. mine is great but DH's has much harder buttons that I find annoying.

warthog Mon 01-Jun-09 10:01:19

just out of interest, why don't you like the n95? i have one, but am hankering after an iphone.

Haylstones Mon 01-Jun-09 10:06:01

Ooh, thanks for that. I hated the phone I got with my contract (see a trend?!) so sold it and bought the N95 so I'm not limited to what I can get on contract. I reckon I can spend about £100 on phone so that's my only limiting factor!

I'll check out the Sont Erricson then.

I hate the N95 for so many reasons- it doesn't cancel what I'm doing when I close the screen, doesn't store enough text message, keeps losing contacts, screen freezes and the battery life is just abysmal.

warthog Mon 01-Jun-09 10:08:55

gosh - sounds like a faulty phone to me.

McDreamy Mon 01-Jun-09 10:09:11

I've just bought an LG Viewty and I really like it. Used as a camera for the first time yesterday and was impressed at the quality.

Ponders Mon 01-Jun-09 10:10:04

I have a sony ericsson with a 3.2 camera, which takes pretty good pictures, so a 5 should be brilliant!

It does also have MP3, radio etc but there are basically 2 ranges of sony ericssons - the Walkman kind (usually beginning with a W) & the camera kind (beginning with a C or a K)

C902 is the 5 megapixel camera.

W980 is the Walkman kind but still has a 3.2 camera

They are all dead easy to use & they all have the same charger connection which is very useful (having previously had a Samsung where they seem to have a different connector for almost every model hmm)

Internet use is easy too.

PinkChick Mon 01-Jun-09 10:13:06

i ahve the sony ericsson c905 with an 8.1 MP camera and it is the best phone ive ever had, and the best camera as well!, my old camera was a sony cyber shot and this is even better!

Ponders Mon 01-Jun-09 10:14:15

N95 reviews - lots of them seem to crash?

Haylstones Mon 01-Jun-09 10:15:59

Thanks, am checking out the Sonys. I have heard so many people with the same complaints about the N95 as me- think the N96 sorted out a lot of these issues.
I can recycle it for £101 so it's not all bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now