Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone found anywhere cheap to buy HP ink cartridges?

(17 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 31-May-09 12:11:23

I think I want to stick to genuine ones (I don't know why)

I need "HP 363 Series Photo Value Pack"

& has anyone found a way to get rid of the space light cyan & light magenta cartridges I have tonnes going spare

I can normally manage to give the paper away grin

Mousey84 Sun 31-May-09 22:27:00

Do you have a cartridge world near you? They could maybe refill your cartridges for you or offer remanufactured ones.

Or can you buy the colours seperately? May work out cheaper since you already have two colours

Try a program called Inksaver 2.3 too.

KatyMac Sun 31-May-09 22:28:57

Ummm

3 colours separately = £24
Black = £15

Pack with 5 colours + photo paper = £34

It doesn't add up for me (which is a shame)

Inksaver 2.3, what is that?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 31-May-09 22:29:03

You know, (according to my dad) they have a counter inside them that schedules them to break down after a certain number of uses, when you use fake cartridges it makes the counter go alot faster so they break down quicker. I'm not sure if it's right though.

Mousey84 Sun 31-May-09 22:30:13

Here is the cheapest Ive found for the value pack, but they also do a 3 cartridge pack which may be useful to you?

ChasingSquirrels Sun 31-May-09 22:31:27

I usually get them via e-bay.
And used ones I send to Tesco in their envelopes - you get clubcard points for most. If they aren't ones that Tesco take I sell them to someone on e-bay, but can't remember who as I haven't done this for a while.

KatyMac Sun 31-May-09 22:32:47

Thanks Mousey - it's cheaper at Tescos sad - but not by much

Amazon have it cheaper again - but whack on postage

Mousey84 Sun 31-May-09 22:33:27

Inksaver reduces the amount of ink you use, and doesnt affect quality. Ive never used it personally, but heard good things (from a photographer)

Ink is such a rip off, isnt it?! I found a great seller on ebay for my ones (half price) but none for the pack you need.

KatyMac Sun 31-May-09 22:35:42

My problem is the photos of the children

I take tonnes & print multiple copies (one for their diary, one for the album & one for EYFS)

Mousey84 Sun 31-May-09 22:41:35

Have you checked to see if it woudl work out cheaper to print online? Places like photobox you can do prints for 4p each when you order in bulk.

If you are prepared to spend the time, you can go through a cashback website like quidco, and take up all the offers of free prints, plus get paid for it (which cancels out shipping and a little extra you can then use towards paying for a cartridge for home use.)

KatyMac Sun 31-May-09 22:43:52

I do it daily & I use the photos in a word doc for EYFS all printed on ordinary paper

Mousey84 Sun 31-May-09 22:47:55

Ah, ok. Right...

No good to you just yet, but CartridgeWorld will be offering 20% when they open their online store. Might be worth registering then bulk buying if they sell the one you are after... here

Im still looking for cheaper options - found a few, but they turned out to be good to be true, unfortunately.

Mousey84 Sun 31-May-09 22:56:11

Ebay here

Mousey84 Sun 31-May-09 23:01:00

Another ebay one here

KatyMac Mon 01-Jun-09 09:38:56

Thanks Mousey (btw that is my DD's nickname)

I'll have a good look later (after work)

SofiaAmes Mon 01-Jun-09 09:43:44

I get Jettec brand cartridges for my Epson. Used to get their HP remanufactured ones for our HP at work. They are always really good quality and far cheaper than anything else. They are sold at lots of online stores. Go to Jettec.com and search for your local seller.

KatyMac Wed 03-Jun-09 06:42:04

Thanks sofiaames - I'll have a look (sorry I forgot about this thread blush - work got a bit busy)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now