Talk

Advanced search

Twitter help please?

(12 Posts)
lilibet Wed 27-May-09 22:43:49

I am 'following' Eddie Izzard and would like to send him a message about his article on the bnp, how do i do that?

TIA

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 27-May-09 23:12:18

To the right hand side of his tweet there will be two icons, if you hover your mouse/cursor over them, one of them is a star, which is to mark the tweet as one of your favourites, the other is a circular arrow, which allows you to reply to him.

Or, you could just go to your tweet box and type @EddieIzzard (or whatever his Twitter name is) and then write in your comment.

MrsMcCluskey Wed 27-May-09 23:15:36

Oh my twitter friend beat me to it!
Hello BIWI, enjoy you're lovley meal?
Lilibet I am ' LoveMyLapTop' on twitter, se you there!

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 27-May-09 23:20:31

I keep forgetting that's you, LMLT!

(And I'm alisonstarr on Twitter, lilibet)

lilibet Wed 27-May-09 23:50:44

done it - and added you two.

I will probably wet myself if he talks to me. wink

isn't there a 'proper' mumsnet group?

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 28-May-09 00:03:44

Sadly, slebs rarely respond - I think (to be fair) because they get so many tweets/have so many followers.

It became a bit of a game for me to see if I could get any of them to reply!

Don't know if there are groups on Twitter.

serenity Thu 28-May-09 01:15:02

Not groups exactly, but if you mark threads with a #topic you can search and group them all together - so for Mumsnet you could add #MN or #Mumsnet. I've got Tweetdeck, and you can set groups up on that...

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 28-May-09 08:42:37

Have you set up an MN group then, serenity?

How do you mark a thread - where do you physically do that? (I use Tweetdeck as well)

MrsMcCluskey Thu 28-May-09 09:09:39

Sarah Brown has replied to me a few times and Suzi Perry.
BIWI - I dont know if you can set up groups as such but if you go to the tweet homepage you will see a list on the right hand side of popullar hash tags.
Between the 2 of us we should be a ble to work out how to set up an MN tag grin

serenity Thu 28-May-09 10:05:54

No, haven't set any groups up (only saw you could when I was checking for MN topics because of this!)

You don't have to set anything up - just include #MN (or whatever you want to use) in the body of your tweet. You just have to agree on the same one - get MN Towers to choose maybe, and use it when they tweet.

On tweetdeck... For example, I'm going to something called Asylum this weekend. Everyone who's tweeting about it is putting #asylm, I've done a search for it so tweetdeck has set up a column (scroll to the left to see search columns) for all tweets containing it.

serenity Thu 28-May-09 10:16:05

Have sent a twitter/tweet whatever the hell it is to @mumsnettowers linking to here smile

nannynick Sat 30-May-09 19:14:44

I think we need to decide what to put in our tweets when mentioning Mumsnet. I use #Mumsnet I feel #Mumsnet is more descriptive, then #MN

I'm nannynick on twitter, as I am on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now