Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

exDH gaining access through my 02 blackberry

(20 Posts)
quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 09:36:17

i've been on this topic before under a different talkname. i'm currently divorcing my DH and i've been trying to work out how he has been gaining access to my laptop and emails.

Last night he let something else slip that he is still getting in to my email. I just realised that my 02 blackberry is under his name- could he be getting all my emails routed to his PC? At the moment i have 3 email accounts and they are all routed to my blackberry and pc- how would it be possible that he is gaining access too? i just logged in online but am none the wiser how he is doing it?

frumpygrumpy Tue 24-Feb-09 09:39:22

Can't help much other than to say.....

My DP has a blackberry and his emails would download onto our pc (they were linked). When he bought a new pc solely for his work use, his emails still appear on the family pc from time to time. I don't know why and it only happens from time to time. We can see everything he has received but nothing that he has sent.

I can't help you fix it but, yes, he could be seeing stuff.

LauriefairycakeeatsCupid Tue 24-Feb-09 09:41:56

yes he can and since it's in his name you probably won't be able to change it

If your divorce is acrimonious I would change your contract and number for the extra security and peace of mind

quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 09:45:21

oh shite I was hoping you wouldn't say that.

Yes the divorce is getting acrimonious as i am divorcing for his adultery. He now wants to prove that i am seeing other men!!

only just started an 18 month contract in september! it is in his name tho so I guess he will be the one lumbered with paying for it.

Lemontart Tue 24-Feb-09 09:46:49

Yes, very easy to download mail and no way you can stop it if all in his name. Sorry, I agree you need a new phone.

quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 09:48:06

its been driving me mad how he has been getting into my emails. i completely forgot my phone is in his name. i can't believe it- he must have seen everything i've sent and receieved then.

LauriefairycakeeatsCupid Tue 24-Feb-09 09:49:10

you could always 'plant' stuff on your phone while secretly having a pay-as-you-go for private conversations

<bought the t-shirt emoticon> grin

frumpygrumpy Tue 24-Feb-09 09:50:57

What a horrible feeling. It won't bring him happiness though....... xxx

quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 09:51:14

i need a blackberry for work as i run my own business- can i get a basic phone on contract and swap the handsets and set up my email on the new number? would that work?

Roskva Tue 24-Feb-09 09:52:10

In the grander scheme of things might it be worth considering getting a new contract for the blackberry on another network? You should be able to keep your existing number, and do you really care if your ex-h still has to pay for the existing one?

quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 09:52:24

im not fussed about him seeing my phone calls or texts its just the email situation.

quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 09:53:32

he has said that i need to pay the line rental or he will just reduce the maintenance payments accordingly

Lemontart Tue 24-Feb-09 09:54:04

I would phone up your phone contract suppliers and speak to them about the details of using the handset with a different account and all your options. They will have all the up to date info. Although you will have the new bills to pay, at least you will be able to avoid forking out for a new phone?

NotQuiteCockney Tue 24-Feb-09 09:54:12

Hushmail.com is really properly private.

But yeah, you need a new contract if you want a blackberry - if it's a work one, anyway, your exDH shouldn't be paying for it.

quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 09:56:33

the business was in both our names.
lemontart that's a possible solution i guess...

Lemontart Tue 24-Feb-09 10:01:45

I am sorry to hear your business was joint nightmare for you. Bad enough trying to separate home and family without work too. Has he walked away from the business entirely or are you having to dissolve existing business and restart in your name only?

quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 10:03:49

walked away from business too. that hurts less tho than him leaving our 5 week old DS2 and 2 yr olD DSsad

Lemontart Tue 24-Feb-09 11:26:40

oh no! I had no idea your babies were so young!
I hope you have a few RL people around you to help out right now?

quickienamechangee Tue 24-Feb-09 11:52:26

my family and friends are being amazing but its days like today that get me- both kids ill with streaming green goo colds. Both been up all last night with temperatures so I only had a record 45 mins unbroken sleep last night! Then to top it off finding out my blackberry is being accessed is like the icing on a pretty sh*tty cake.

and he had the cheek last night to say that I was giving him too much grief shock he has no idea what grief is.

Lemontart Tue 24-Feb-09 12:43:09

You poor thing! Green gungey colds are horrible at any time, let alone right now. Nothing like a bit of guilt deflection is there?! What a cheeky git. That is really low.
Wish you were over the road as I would offer to come in and snot wipe/make the coffee for you all xxx
Hope you get the phone issue sorted fast so you can tick that one off the list at least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now