Talk

Advanced search

mobile phone has lost camera and gallery - anyone know where its gone?!?

(7 Posts)
dizzydixies Fri 13-Feb-09 20:07:28

I used my mobile tonight to take a video of the baby in the bath and then of DD1 reciting her school poem

when I went to play it back its all disappeared shock I can't get the camera on the phone to work, the screensaver/background has gone completely and when I try to open the image gallery it comeds up as 'opening' and then sticks

now am not too bothered about the sodding phone but I desperately don't want to loose the photos/videos on it because as per usual I haven't downloaded them for a while blush

its a Nokia btw

ZoeC Fri 13-Feb-09 20:09:43

Does it have a removable memory card? I had a phone once and the cover for the memory card wasn't very good and didn't hold the card in at all times, it wouldn't have to dislodge by much to not register on the phone.

Hope it's something easy and you get your pics back.

The next thing I would do is connect it to the computer and see if you can find any files to copy over.

ZoeC Fri 13-Feb-09 20:10:26

Oh, another thing I would try is take the battery out completely, then put it all back together and see if that works.

dizzydixies Fri 13-Feb-09 20:16:00

I've done the battery thing ZoeC but I didn't think about the memory card blush

seems so obvious now you've suggested it! I've got it sitting on the radiator incase some water got in it somehow

ZoeC Fri 13-Feb-09 20:18:07

If your pics are on the memory card, even if the phone is stuffed you can find another way of getting the pics off the memory card (card reader, etc). If all else fails you can get a cd done in boots with them on.

Provided, of course, the memory card itself isn't faulty....crossed fingers for you.

dizzydixies Fri 13-Feb-09 20:19:26

thank you, will put the girls to bed and have a shot at it then, if I start now and it doesn't work I'll only get upset and that won't make for a happy bedtime blush

dizzydixies Fri 13-Feb-09 20:53:01

didn't work so am going to have to go to plan B and give it to someone in the know to get the photos off it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now