Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else having problems with yahoo mail?

(11 Posts)

It's driving me round the bend, sometimes I can't even compose a new message. My connection is not tremendously fast but even so it should be better than it is. Is it just me suffering? I have started a gmail account instead.....

Doodle2U Tue 06-Jan-09 19:37:44

Mine is OK today but i have had the probs. you've described on other occasions. Think their servers get screwed up sometimes.

babyOcho Tue 06-Jan-09 22:48:22

are you on the "all new mail" or the oldie version?

the all new isn't that great.

2shoes Tue 06-Jan-09 22:50:53

it won't let me send mai. for example I want to email someone who's email is in my contacts, it tells me their email is wrong!!

Yes I use the all new version, but perhaps I should change back, anyhow I shall try gmail for a while, everyone raves about it!

ProfYaffle Wed 07-Jan-09 06:46:35

There is always a problem with Yahoo mail, gmail much more reliable.

stitch Wed 07-Jan-09 18:36:27

i cant read my mail messages on my computer.

Interestingly, I have discovered that I can forward both yahoo and gmail messages to my outlook express and then compose offline. This has saved me hours of waiting for the page to download properly! I'm sure most people know you can do this, I think I must be a bit behind the times. blush

Fimbo Thu 08-Jan-09 16:15:28

I have tried to set up a sub account for dh with yahoo and whilst it goes through the motions and lets you select an email address etc. It just doesn't work.

Fimbo Thu 08-Jan-09 16:16:47

How do you set up a gmail account - is it free?

Yes totally free, just go to www.googlemail.com and sign up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now