Talk

Advanced search

facebook and pictures of your children....

(11 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Tue 06-Jan-09 14:03:51

... following on from a related thread... I am new to facebook, and would happily post pictures of my children if I thought only my facebook friends could see them. Is this the case?? OR do I need to do something in particular to restrict viewing of pictures to my friends?

suiz Tue 06-Jan-09 14:07:34

I've recently cottoned on that I could, if I wanted to, view complete stranger's profiles and pics and private lives, because they're a friend's friend's friend. But there again, maybe it's their settings, but maybe not. I don't know WTH they are.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 06-Jan-09 14:08:47

You can set your profile to private and then only people on your friends list can see them

Amapoleon Tue 06-Jan-09 14:08:51

It depends on your settings. I set mine to friends only.

lilolilmanchester Tue 06-Jan-09 14:09:58

thanks, will take a look....

PortAndLemon Tue 06-Jan-09 14:12:33

Edit Album -> Edit Info -> Privacy

You can set to "Only friends", or set to just specific friends, or exclude specific friends.

PortAndLemon Tue 06-Jan-09 14:13:16

(that's for photos specifically)

babyOcho Tue 06-Jan-09 14:14:11

The privacy settings on my DD's photos on facebook are set to friends only. However, I know that you dont even need to be logged onto FB to see the photos if you know the URL - it even gives you the link at the bottom of the page!

If you are worried or dont want people you dont know looking at photos of your DC, I wouldnt put them on FB. Use something like flickr, or even one of the photo ordering sites (eg photobox) and share out your pics from there.

HTH

Hulababy Tue 06-Jan-09 14:25:31

I have the settings on DD's photos set to friends only, so other people can't see access them.

Think there are three settings available:

* friend sonly
* friends and friends of friends
* everyone

PortAndLemon Tue 06-Jan-09 14:27:30

No, there are ooodles of options (at least, there are if you are using New Facebook... is Old Facebook an option any more).

Hulababy Tue 06-Jan-09 14:28:38

Ah right - I try and click friends only anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now