Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I simply want a monitor that can be used as a tv as well (or vice versa) what do I need to know?

(5 Posts)
Flier Sat 03-Jan-09 09:14:52

I have been trying to research this on line but there doesn't seem to be much info on the subject. Surely it is a good idea to have a tv set that will also be used as a monitor for a pc? Or am I missing something?

Are any mumsnetters knowledgable inthis field? What screen resolution, for instance, do I need and what else should I watch out for? This is just a part time tv in our dining room, which is where I also have the PC.

ipodtherforipoor Sat 03-Jan-09 09:44:32

I've got a media centre PC -from tescos. I have digi sender that sends my sky box signal to it and I can change channels in my bedroom - can also recoerd programms which is handy.

Was about £400. plus cost of digi sender.

hannahsaunt Sat 03-Jan-09 09:52:27

We have one and it's fantastic. It's a toshiba, 20" screen. Dh did all the research - will find out more and get back to you.

Flier Sat 03-Jan-09 16:31:51

thanks ipod - do you know the model number at all?

hannahsaunt - sounds good, would be grateful if you could get back to me.

flier Sat 06-Jun-09 10:10:18

I'm bumping this cos I still haven't bought one bought hope to very soon and am still not very clued up blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now