Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a cheap(ish) digital camera please................

(7 Posts)
goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Wed 24-Dec-08 20:52:26

preferabbly one available at Argos (the only shop that sells elecrical stuff such as that that we have in town).

Going to have to go and buy a new one on Saturday and want to have some idea of what I'm getting before I go.

DoNotsAntlers Wed 24-Dec-08 20:59:57

Don't worry about megapixels....that is not what makes a camera good (in fact too many will eat memory space)

Go for one with a good lens...look for Olympus, Panasonic with a leicah lens or a sony with a Carl Zeiss lens or a Fuji....

The most critical thing IMO is shutter lag.

I like this site for reviewing an comparing camera's

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Wed 24-Dec-08 21:02:23

I have 1GB SD Card (from my old one that decided that Christmas Eve would be a good time to die) - will that fit into most

<<<<<<<<<<complete technophone when it comes to buying technical stuff>>>>>>>>

I know that megapixels aren't too important (and that's about the extent of my knowledge)as my Nokia phone took fab photos and wasn't a huge one.

Will have a look at that website thanks

DoNotsAntlers Wed 24-Dec-08 21:05:38

SD is the most popular...and if you want to stick to that you will need to avoid Sony (usually memory stick), Olympus and Fuji (usually xD). I think that most others are SD though. Of course check before you buy.

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Wed 24-Dec-08 21:09:32

yes I'd like to stick to that as I already have the memory card. Can't really afford to be going out buying a new camera, but as mine is dead, and it's the only way i have of capturing memories of stuff the DS's do to share with anyone but myself really want a replacement.

I had (have) a Samsung S600 at the moment (which I don't think was very expensive when it was bought - only 2 1/2yrs ago too hmm). So need something that will last me (I'm rather a snapaholic blush.

Thanks for help.

DoNotsAntlers Wed 24-Dec-08 21:11:25

You should be able to geta pretty good bargain in the sales....I know Tesco have had some camera's with 30% off before Christmas....

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Wed 24-Dec-08 21:12:36

I'm hoping so (for the sales) I can only get to Argos though so it will depend largely on what they have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now